Join the AHSA
Join the AHSA
Membership of the AHSA is great way to learn more about our aviation heritage.
By joining the AHSA you’ll receive four issues of ‘Aviation Heritage’ and Newsletter every year, as well as being part of a national fellowship of people dedicated to recording, researching and sharing information about our flying heritage.
New South Wales branch members also enjoy a monthly two page newsletter entitled Southern Skies and a two page historical attachment Loops & Landings.
You’ll also be contributing to Australia’s oldest and dedicated aviation society. As a member, we welcome your contribution, by attending monthly meetings or research of your own, for possible inclusion in our quarterly journal or newsletter.
Monthly meetings are held in Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane. These meetings usually feature a guest speaker addressing an aspect of Australian aviation history. Some meetings take the form of a members’ night with aircraft recognition and aviation trivia competitions, and members encouraged to discuss their specific interests.
An annual public lecture known as the John Duigan Memorial Lecture is held in Melbourne and features a talk on a significant aspect of Australian aviation history. In Sydney, a similar event is known as the Arthur Butler Memorial Lecture that also features a guest speaker.
Being a member of the Aviation Historical Society of Australia is:
- a simple, easy and inexpensive way that you can support the research and documentation of Australian Aviation history and,
- Members receive an AHSA Journal and newsletter four times per year.
- Membership entitles attendance at monthly meetings including special lectures.
- Members receive invitations to select events when ever they are held.
- Members receive offers of exclusive books and merchandise.
- Discounts at bookstores and museums that offer discounts to AHSA members.
- Enjoy the opportunity to access and talk to a wide range of people with interest and experience in all aspects of Australian aviation history.
- Participate in the discussions on the AHSA Yahoo Group. This is a great way to communicate with other online members and to seek information or provide answers to Australian aviation history questions.
|Rest of World (Air-Mail):||A$93.00|
If joining part way through the calendar year, the new member will receive all issues of the Journal issued to date for that year. New members joining after the September issue has been mailed out will be sent the December issue, and will be recognised as a paid up member until December the following year.
Click Here to download a PDF of the Application Form
Subscribers are requested to pay in Australian currency, via the following methods:
- Via the online store - See the Merchandise section of this website
- International Money Order
- Bank Draft
Note that personal cheques drawn on overseas banks cannot be accepted, due to the high bank charges involved.
The Australian Historical Society of Australia is a registered not-for-profit community group, and has registered a Publications and Research Fund for tax-exempt donations. These donations are applied to assist authors in researching and publishing historical works. All donations and bequests are welcome and will contribute to the ongoing research and recording of our aviation heritage.
Please send Payment and Application Form to:
AHSA, P.O. Box 461 Lilydale, Victoria, Australia 3140